- 112 grams elbow macaroni
- 2 liters water (2 quarts)
- 225 grams Cracker Barrel chunk cheese (8 ounces)
- 15 grams butter (1 tablespoon)
- 9 grams flour (1 tablespoon)
- 250ml milk (1 cup)
- Pre-heat air fryer to 400°F (205°C).
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions, approx. 7 minutes.
- Drain macaroni. Set aside covered.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir flour into melted butter.
- Gradually add milk to butter and flour stirring as sauce thickens.
- Once sauce thickens, gradually whisk cheese into white sauce; save some for topping.
- Once cheese melts into the sauce and is smooth, pour into baking dish.
- Top casserole with remaining cheese and, optionally (panko) bread crumbs.
- Bake casserole at 400°F (205°C) for 30 minutes.
Serve the casserole with a breaded pork chop which can be baked at the same time as the macaroni and cheese casserole, turning once midway through baking time.